I am a PhD Candidate at the Department of Economics at University of Southern California and a Data Science intern at MD Insider.
I am half-Swedish half-Polish and before coming to the US I studied economics and mathematics in Sweden.
My interest is to combine insights from econometrics, statistics and machine learning to develop predictive models, and to use big data to inform decision making. I specialize in time series modeling, theoretical and applied modeling of social and financial networks, as well as modeling of asset price expectations. I have also worked with Bayesian statistics and machine learning, and I am particularly interested in how economics and machine learning can be used together to solve problems.
I have experience working with huge data sets and parallelized computing, implementing data engineering solutions and writing production ready data pipelines.
I have a strong desire to work on challenging problems and I am a very fast learne
Programming skills: AWS, Docker, Google Cloud, Git, Hive, html, Impala, Linux, Matlab, Maple, Python, R, Shell Script, Spark, SQL, Stata, Tensorflow
Ph.D. in Econometrics and Quantitative Economics, 2011 - (May 2018)
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
B.Sc. in Economics, 2011
University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
B.Sc. in Mathematics, 2011
Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden
- Summer Research Award, University of Southern California (2016)
- USC Dornsife INET Graduate Fellowship, University of Southern California (2014-2016)
- Research Award, University of Southern California Department of Economics (Summer 2014)
- Research Fellowship, University of Southern California Institute for Economic Policy Research (Summer 2013)
- Merit Fellowship, University of Southern California (2011 - 2017)
- North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society (2016)
- Discussant at the Rena Sivitanidou Annual Research Symposium, University of Southern California (2016)
- USC Dornsife INET Conference on Networks, University of Southern California (2015)